Monday, January 09, 2012

Meet the family for January 9, 2012

COTTON/WOODEN-FAMILY LINE

BROWNE/FENNER/WARD/COTTON/WOODEN/BRIDGFORTH-DAY
Arthur Fenner and Sarah Browne's
398th anniversary is today, married in 1614 when he was 39 and she was 21 years old in Rusper, Sussex, England  Arthur and Sarah are the boys' 11th great-grandparents.  They begot 7 children with the 7th one being Phoebe Fenner who married William Ward in Middletown, CT March 28, 1660.  They begot Phoebe Ward who married Samuel Hall in Middletown on December 6, 1683 and they begot 6 Hall children with Experience Hall, the boys' 9th great grandmother, being the 1st.

GALT/BROWN/RAY/COTTON/WOODEN/BRIDGFORTH-DAY
Sarah Rachel Galt
died 79 years ago today in 1933 at age 74 in Deepwater, Henry, Missouri, Near the Lake of the Ozarks.  Sarah is the boys' 1st cousin 4 times removed.  Her mother is Mary Ann Brown, the boys' 3rd great-grandaunt.  Mary's parents are the boys' 4th great-grandparents, Resin D. Brown and Rachel Earnest, and Mary's sister is Charlotte Brown, the mother of Lottie Ray.

SNOW/WALKER/COTTON/WOODEN/BRIDGFORTH-DAY
Capt. Mark Snow
died 318 years ago today in 1694 at the age of 65 in Estham, Barnstable, Massachusetts. Mark is the boys' 10th great-granduncle, the brother of Sarah Snow.
Birth:     May 9, 1628
Plymouth County
Massachusetts, USA
Death:     Jan. 9, 1694
Eastham
Barnstable County
Massachusetts, USA

Mark(e) was the son of Nicholas Snow & Constance Hopkins, a Mayflower ancestor. 1643 was on the lists of those able to bear arms and was a Lieutenant in the Militia at Plymouth Colony. Toghether with his parents, brothers and sisters he settled at Nauset, Eastham, Cape Cod on 14 April, 1644 and later became a Capt. On 1657 became a freeman. He gave oath of allegiance on 3-Jun-1657; chosen Surveyor of Highways. He was Town Clerk, Eastham, MA between 1663 and 1678. He was a selectman, Eastham, MA between 1667 and 1685. On 5-Jun-1667 attended the Grand Enquest, Gov, Thomas Prence officiated.
On 24-Oct-1667 on the Grand Jury with his brother Joseph Snow.
He was served as a Selectman in 1673. He was a member of the Counsel of War in 1675. He was a deputy, Eastham, MA between 1675 and 1681. He served in King Philip's War in 1675/76. On 1679 "Select Courts" "being establishe by law, Capt. Jonathan Sparow , Mr Mark Snow and Mr. John Doane were commissioned to hold them in this town." Eastham, MA.

He married Anna Cooke , daughter of Josias Cooke Sr.and Elizabeth Ring, on 18-Jan-1655 at Probably, Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. Capt Mark Snow married Jane Prence , daughter of Gov. Thomas Prence and Mary Collier , on 9-Jan-1660/61 at Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.

He left a will on 23-Nov-1694

Will of Mark Snow

In the name of God Amen. I Mark Snow of Eastham being weak of body but sound in mind and disposing memory, fo make this my last will and testament in manner and form following. That is to say, first and principally I resign my soul unto God that gave it in hopeful assurance of a blessed resurrection at ye last day in and through ye merits of my blessed redeemer; and secondly , I commit my body to ye earth from whence it was taken to be decetly buried at ye discretion of my executor hereafter named. As for my temporal estate that ye Lord hath lent unto me I dispose of that as followeth:

Imprimis--I give unto my son, Nickolas, a pardel of land where his house stands, computed at twenty and six acres, according to bounds set down in ye pruchasers book of records, with two acres of meadow lying at ye head of Namskakett, according to record as above said.

Imp. I give unto my son, Nickolas ye one half of my lot of land lying at Satuckett, between Jonathan Bangs and ye Indian Land. I Give unto my son Nickolas, ye one half of a parcel of meadow lying in ye township of Yarmouth in a place called Blue Meadow in ye south side of Bass River.

It. I give to my son Thomas Snow ye extra half of my lot where his house stands onthat side and next the Indian range, and ye one half of my meadow in Yarmouth yt above specified meadow.

It. I give unto my son Prince Snow after my wife's decease of widowhood, my now dwelling house, and all ye land adjoining and fifteen acres of land above ye common road according to bounds specified in ye record abovesaid. I give to my son Prince Snow three acres of meadow that lies below my now dwelling house according to bounds set down in ye before specified book of records.

It. I give to my son Thomas Snow as acre of land at ye northmost end my lot in ye old fields commonly so-called and another small division of land estimated at three-quaters of an acre of land lying in ye specified old field at Satuckett between Ensign Bangs and Thomas Freeman.

It. I give to my son Prince Snow ye remainder of my lot of land containing three acres of land in ye specified Indian fields after my wife's decease.

I give to my son Nickolas and Thomas my lot of land containing three acres of land according to record lying between John Freemans pasture andye common road. I give unto my son Prince after my wife's decease an acre and a half of meadow lying between John Cole and Stephen Hopkins in Namskaket meadow according to bounds specified in ye before specified records. All my land that lie undivided after my wife's decease i give and bequeath to my three sons Nickolas, Thomas and Prince to be equally divided between them.

It. I give and beequeath to my loving wife, Jane Snow all my whole personal estate after my debts and funeral charges are paid. I do appoint my loving wife, Jane Snow my whole and sole executor after my decease. It. I give to my son Prince Snow, my musket cat-box and cutlass and one pistol. I give to my son Thomas Snow my back sword and one pistol. It. I give to my grand-child Jonathan Snow my carbine. To ye truth and verify hereof I have set my hanc and seal this twenty and third day of November, 1694.

Signed and sealed in the
presence of us

Mark Snow
Samuel Knowles
Thomas Crosby Jr.
Jonathan Sparrow

Copied from Barnstabe Court Probate Records, Book 1

The Will of Jane Snow

In the name of God, Amen. I Jane Snow, widow, of Harwich, being weak of body ,but of sound and disposing memory, blessed be God for it, do make this my last will and testament in manner following; That is to say, first and principally, I resign my soul into ye merciful hand of Almighty God, my Creator, assuredly hoping through ye merits of my blessed Savior to obtain pardon and remission all my sins; and my body I commit to the earth whence it was taken, to be decently buried at ye discreation of my executors hereafter named. And as for the temporal estate that God hasgiven me I dispose of it as followeth;

Imp. I give my son Nickolas Snow, my Casin and ewer, and small brass kettle and one split.

It. I give to my son Thomas Snow, one copper kettle.

It. I give to my son Prince Snow, my great iron kettle.

It. For my cattle, my will is that they be equally divided among all my children.

It. I give to Anne Atwood a pewter wine cup, and a dram cup and a suckling bottle.

It. I give my cabinet unto my grand child Jane Nickerson.

It. I give my little trunk unto my grand child Jane Snow.

Furthermore my will is, that ye rest of my moveable estate be equally divided betwix my daughters, Mary and Sarah.

Furthermore, I do appoint my son Nickolas Snow and my brother Jonathan Sparrow, for this is my last will performed.

As witness my hand and seal this twenty and first day of December, 1703.

Signed, sealed and delivered her
in the presence of us. Jane + Snow

mark
Mary Sparrow
Martha Cobb

The above will proved July 2, 1712.

The Inventory of Capt Mark Snow was taken on 9-Jan-1694/95.
 
 
Family links:
 Parents:
  Nicholas Snow (1600 - 1676)
  Constance Hopkins Snow (1608 - 1677)
 
 Children:
  Thomas Snow (1668 - ____)*
  Prince Snow (1674 - 1742)*
 
 Spouses:
  Anna Cook Snow (1636 - 1656)
  Jane Prence Snow (1637 - 1712)*
 
*Point here for explanation
 
Burial:
Cove Burying Ground
Eastham
Barnstable County
Massachusetts, USA
 
Edit Virtual Cemetery info [?]
 
Created by: Beca
Record added: Nov 28, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 44897405


JOHNSON/WOODEN-FAMILY LINE

McCAW/JOHNSON/WOODEN/BRIDGFORTH-DAY
Carl McCaw
died 60 years ago today in 1952 at age 50 in Hammond, Lake, Indiana.  Carl is the boys' 2nd cousin 3 times removed.  He was born in Cataract, Owen, Indiana on Feb 2, 1901. He died at Hammond, Lake, Indiana.  His parents are William F. McCaw/Johnson and Nora Catherine Moore, the first cousins we talked about yesterday.  Hey, the Royal families of Europe marry their first cousins all the time and they didn't turn out too bad!?  Don't worry boys, no blood from them trickled down to you, these are just cousins.

STEIBLE/WOODEN-FAMILY LINE

REIFF/EVERHART/STEIBLE/WOODEN
Rodney Allen Reiff
died 30 years ago today in 1962 at age 36 in Los Angeles, California.  Rodney is Steve's 1st cousin twice removed.  His mother is Lillian Ruth Everhart, Steve's great-grandaunt, sister of Lola Ray Everhart who married Al Steible and begot Betty Wooden, Steve's grandmother.

MYER/BROWN-FAMILY LINE

MEYER/MYER/HAWKINS-HULGAN/JENNINGS-HOSLER-KNOWLES
Dedrick Hammond Meyer and Stella Irene Barnett's
116th anniversary is today, married in 1896 when he was 21 and she was 16 years old.  As far as we now know, Dedrick is the son of John Hammond Meyer who came to America with his brother, and possibly other family members, around 1870.  They settled in the Winterville Georgia area which was in both Clark county and Oglethorpe county Georgia.  John Hammond Meyer married Elizabeth Hale in 1873 and Dedrick Henry Meyer, the kids' 3rd great-grandfather, married Lucy Emline Barnett in 1875.  John and Elizabeth begot 8 children with Dedrick Hammond Meyer being the first born.  Dedrick Hammond Meyer later married Stella Irene Barnett  the 3rd cousin of Lucy Emline Barnett.

MEYER/MYER/HAWKINS-HULGAN/JENNINGS-HOSLER-KNOWLES
Douglas Homer Meyer is 90 years old today, born in 1922.  Doug is the kids' 3rd cousin twice removed whose father is 2nd cousin 3 times removed, Benjamin Barnett Meyer the son of the aforementioned couple, 1st cousin 4 times removed, Dedrick Hammond Meyer and 3rd cousin 5 times removed, Stella Irene Barnett.

BROWN/MYER-FAMILY LINE

McMURTRY/McMURREY/MAYNE/BROWN/MYER/HAWKINS-HULGAN/JENNINGS-HOSLER-KNOWLES
Olley McMurtrey
died 182 years ago today in 1830 at the age of 66 in Madison Missouri.  Olley is the kids' 6th great-granduncle, the brother of John McMurtry.  I know the spelling is off but here is what I have.  John married Sarah Anderson and they are the kids' 6th great-grandparents.  They begot William M. McMurrey in 1822.  William married Betsie  and they begot William M. McMurrey, Jr around 1849 who was the first of 13 children.  William M. McMurrey married Lucy Ann Kelley in 1873 and they begot Ida Jane McMurrey in 1881.

WOODEN-FAMILY LINE

WOODEN/BRIDGFORTH-DAY
Robert Wooden
is 188 years old today, born in 1824.  There are at least 3 Robert Woodens in our family line.  This one was born in 1824 in Oldham, Jefferson, Kentucky and died in 1870 in Oldham.  He is the boys' 1st cousin 6 times removed.  His father is John Wooden the brother of Robert Wooden, Jr., the first born of 7 to Robert Wooden and Abigail Isabelle Miller.

NAUGHER-FAMILY LINE

WATLINGTON/SAVAGE/NAUGHER/MARTIN
Pearl Watlington
is 131 years old today, born in 1881.  Pearl is wife of Tara and Calum's 1st cousin 4 times removed, Thomas Morgan Savage who is  the son of 3rd great-granduncle, Thomas Payne Savage who is the brother of 3rd great-grandfather, Frances Marion Savage.

Blog Archive

Followers